Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i add facebook to launchpad

I want to have quick access to facebook, I want to add it to launchpad on my MacBook pro. How do i do this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jun 4, 2017 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2017 7:03 AM

Hi Stellebags,

I don't know of a way to include Facebook in Launchpad. Launchpad is for launching apps. Facebook is a web site, not an app.

I can think of two ways to quickly access Facebook.

Method 1: Make Facebook your homepage in your web browser. When you launch your browser (for example from the Dock), it will take you to Facebook.

Method 2: make Facebook a Bookmark under Favourites:

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2017 7:03 AM in response to Stellebags

Hi Stellebags,

I don't know of a way to include Facebook in Launchpad. Launchpad is for launching apps. Facebook is a web site, not an app.

I can think of two ways to quickly access Facebook.

Method 1: Make Facebook your homepage in your web browser. When you launch your browser (for example from the Dock), it will take you to Facebook.

Method 2: make Facebook a Bookmark under Favourites:

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

Jun 4, 2017 8:17 AM in response to Stellebags

You can add a web link to Facebook to your Dock. When you are in your FaceBook page, single-click in the address bar so the address moves to the left and the Facebook icon shows:

User uploaded file

Click on the blue facebook icon and drag it to your desktop. That creates a desktop web link. Now close or minimize the Safari screen and look at your Dock. Note that the right end has a faint divider (in the yellow oval I added to the image below):

User uploaded file

Find the web link you created and drag it to the RIGHT side of that divider (for example, where the "pdf" icon is in my example) and your should have a direct Facebook link in the Dock.

how do i add facebook to launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.