Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best buy's geek squad vs Apple store

Hello ,

I want to share my experience regarding latest visit to best buy's geek squad ( NY 5th Ave ) vs Apple store ( NY 5th Ave) . I had very low volume issue on my iphone 6s and was not able to hear anything while making calls . Whereas it was working absolutely fine with headphones / Loud speaker . So i scheduled nearest apple support store visit which was best buy's geek squad . The lady was so casual and she ran diagnostic in my phone and said receiver is faulty and we need to replace it and it will cost 99$ + taxes . it would take 2 hours . She also restored all my settings. I was not satisfied so i scheduled another visit to Apple store this time . The guy in store ran same diagnostic and said sir something wrong in it but i would like to clean it properly and give a shot . He also said if the receiver is faulty we will replace it in 59$ + taxes . He went inside ,cleaned it properly and Bingo ,the phone's volume was working fine . It costs me nothing for assistance and i was pretty happy.

The bottom line is never go to best buy's geek squad ..they don't even know what to do . I am not sure why apple has added /outsources their support to best buys .

Hope this will help .

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 5, 2017 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2017 7:38 AM

The only thing BB has over Apple is they may offer accidental damage replacement for free, Apple has a reduced rate with Apple Care.

Past that GeekSquad is a scam, they enforce a 3 hr repair time for any fix, so if you computer was unplugged and that was the problem you will be charged for 3 hrs of labor. They are an Apple Authorized Repair center, and there are 100 others in NYC, they are an alternative to Apple if you don't have an Apple Store near you or you just want another provider to assist you, but Apple did not outsource anyone in lieu of their own support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2017 7:38 AM in response to vishal2327

The only thing BB has over Apple is they may offer accidental damage replacement for free, Apple has a reduced rate with Apple Care.

Past that GeekSquad is a scam, they enforce a 3 hr repair time for any fix, so if you computer was unplugged and that was the problem you will be charged for 3 hrs of labor. They are an Apple Authorized Repair center, and there are 100 others in NYC, they are an alternative to Apple if you don't have an Apple Store near you or you just want another provider to assist you, but Apple did not outsource anyone in lieu of their own support.

Best buy's geek squad vs Apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.