Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id locked email

Few days ago a received 2 emails saying that my apple id is locked and that i should update my info if not in 24 hours will be permanently locked.first i ignored the email and when i got the second one i reread the first one too.i clicked on verify now and would not get me to the page and both emails were signed different by apple.i logged in to my account and i changed my password just to be sure.but today again same email.i am not eben sure if is from apple or if is spam because of their different signature in each email.. i was out of the country for few monthsand returned 3 weeks ago.i did not get this thype of email when i logged in on different internet .. i have iphone,ipad and macbook air .. i am not bussiness.please tell if is an apple email or spam ?i dint know how to contact apple by email.thanks

Posted on Jun 5, 2017 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2017 8:50 PM

It is a total scam. Apple will never send you an email threatening to lock your account if you don't do something. Nor will they ask for you to update personal information by providing a link to do that. They may provide a link to get to the Apple ID page, but that would be it.

You may continue to get these emails for awhile, especially since you actually clicked on one of the links. You can report them by using the link in this support article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Best of luck,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2017 8:50 PM in response to alinaboghin

It is a total scam. Apple will never send you an email threatening to lock your account if you don't do something. Nor will they ask for you to update personal information by providing a link to do that. They may provide a link to get to the Apple ID page, but that would be it.

You may continue to get these emails for awhile, especially since you actually clicked on one of the links. You can report them by using the link in this support article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Best of luck,

GB

Apple id locked email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.