You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

front camera has a black spot

The last time I used the front camera of my iPhone 7 was back in Saturday (June 4). When I used it today to take a selfie, I noticed a black spot. The problem persists in all apps so I'm assuming the sensor is busted. The rear camera works fine. Has anyone had the same problem?

My phone is 6 months old. It has never been dropped or submerged in water.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 6:18 AM

It looks like you might have a mark on the glass infant of the camera? Given that the mark is blurry, it looks like something close to the lens, which is why it is blurred.

Can you see any marks on the glass at the front if you shine a light on it?? Might be worth getting it checked out at a Apple Store, They will take a look and do a diagnostic and let you know your options. Doesn't cost anything and if you have had it 6 months then it is under warranty if it is a sensor, but from the picture looks like a mark on the glass or a case you have over the camera??

Can book appointments for Apple Stores using the Get Support site, walks you through all you need to do or know for any apple product:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2017 6:18 AM in response to fisheyelens

It looks like you might have a mark on the glass infant of the camera? Given that the mark is blurry, it looks like something close to the lens, which is why it is blurred.

Can you see any marks on the glass at the front if you shine a light on it?? Might be worth getting it checked out at a Apple Store, They will take a look and do a diagnostic and let you know your options. Doesn't cost anything and if you have had it 6 months then it is under warranty if it is a sensor, but from the picture looks like a mark on the glass or a case you have over the camera??

Can book appointments for Apple Stores using the Get Support site, walks you through all you need to do or know for any apple product:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

Jun 6, 2017 7:24 AM in response to qsszb

There is a pinpoint chip between the camera and the speaker which has been there for a while (I assume general wear and tear) and has never caused me problems before.

Looks like there's a foreign object trapped between the lens and the glass, seeing as the spot is 'moving'.

User uploaded file

Guess I'll just book an appointment at a Genius Bar and take it from there.

front camera has a black spot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.