Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone else used my email address to make apple id

Hi,

I was not an apple user in the past, but someone used my email address to make his apple id. I received the email that a new apple id is created against my email address. There was no link to tell them that I havent made this id. Anyways, I ignored the mail as I wasn't an iphone user, so I was least concerned with that. But now I have purchased a new iphone, and wanted to make my apple id against my email. It says an apple id already exist. Now I tried to reset the password of that id, though I was successful in doing that, but whenever I login using my apple id, it asks me security question to proceed further. Ofcourse I dont their answers. Now whenever I try to reset security questions, it asks me to answer any one of 3 security question. Obviously I am unable to answer them.

Please someone help me how to retrieve my apple id. Since I am not a US resident, so cannot contact over call. And apple has not provided any support email address to report for an issue. Please suggest.

Regards,

S.M.Yaseen.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 9:24 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2017 9:27 PM in response to smyaseen

smyaseen wrote:

Now I tried to reset the password of that id, though I was successful in doing that

This would be absolutely impossible without knowing the original password associated with this Apple ID, and/or answering security questions.

Come up with some different email address, and set it up as your Apple ID.

Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support

Someone else used my email address to make apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.