Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into App Store on Mac

Macbook pro 13" Early 2011; Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7; Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

OS Version OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911); Safari Version 9.1.3 (9537.86.7.8); App Store Version 1.3 (201.7); iTunes Version 12.6.1.26

Tried to upgrade to latest version of my OS, but it failed. The App Store shown that OS can be upgraded free. Once free upgrade button clicked, show up the sign up form. Filled the apple ID and password correctly same as on my iPhone however system gave replies "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices." and my iPhone received a messages "Apple ID sign In Requested [My_email] Your Apple Id is being used to sign in to a device near [My_location]". Then once clicked allow bottom, show a message " Apple ID Verification Code Type your password followed by this code into the password field on your device"

On the Mac App Store there have not a place to fill the code number. When I tried clicked sign in again the system sent back that I forget my password.

Have tried many clues from this form such as:

1. Check and set the time and date on my Mac correctly

2. Tried login using my Apple ID on browser safari, Chrome, and Mozilla. It works.

3. At iCloud the Apple ID had been signed in, then signed out. When tried to sign in back, the system sent a verification code to iPhone. However on Mac iCould there have no place to type the verification code. So Can't sign in to the iCloud too.

4. Changed the password but it's same can't sing into App Store and iCloud.

Do someone there can help me to fix this issue?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 6:35 AM

Hi,

How To Turn Off Two Step Verification Apple - Easy Steps! - YouTube

Or, from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

And:

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Keep in mind that when you turn off two-factor authentication, your account is protected only with your password and security questions.

To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off. If you don't see the option to turn off two-factor authentication on your Apple ID account page, that means you can't turn it off.

If someone has turned on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID without your permission, you can also turn it off from the enrollment confirmation email sent to your Apple ID or rescue email address. Click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication at the bottom of the email to restore your Apple ID to its previous security settings and regain control of your account. The link is active for two weeks after you enroll.

And:

Can Apple Support help me regain access to my account?

Apple Support can answer your questions about the account recovery process, but can't verify your identity or expedite the process in any way.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2017 6:35 AM in response to Yanggo

Hi,

How To Turn Off Two Step Verification Apple - Easy Steps! - YouTube

Or, from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

And:

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Keep in mind that when you turn off two-factor authentication, your account is protected only with your password and security questions.

To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off. If you don't see the option to turn off two-factor authentication on your Apple ID account page, that means you can't turn it off.

If someone has turned on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID without your permission, you can also turn it off from the enrollment confirmation email sent to your Apple ID or rescue email address. Click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication at the bottom of the email to restore your Apple ID to its previous security settings and regain control of your account. The link is active for two weeks after you enroll.

And:

Can Apple Support help me regain access to my account?

Apple Support can answer your questions about the account recovery process, but can't verify your identity or expedite the process in any way.

Can't sign into App Store on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.