Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the MRT app?

what is the purpose of the MRT app?

PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.5/1.33 GHz), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 3:35 PM

10 replies

Jun 7, 2017 11:57 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

thanks, you made me smile. my macbookpro has been very slow to open and to receive commands since about 5.26.17. the mouse and the calculator are not working properly. i opened in safe mode a few times and ran disk repair and restart. this seems to help a bit - but only for a short time. i log out and shut off each day. the next day i am back to where i started.

whenever i have issues or notice changes i check "about this mac" and also check the applications list to see whether there have been recent updates. today, after encountering the slow open and uploads from the desktop to itunes to my browsers, along with the slow mouse responses, i saw that apple updated the MRT app. i don't know what that means.

thank you for any info you can provide.

p.s. i did go to the app store and purchased the ad doctor app - and things are much improved - except for the calculator which only allows the minimize option - when it is already minimized. when i press zoom, the numbers appear very large outside of the calculator. i'm thinking the version of calculator i have is not compatible with mac os el capitan (i have the latest version).

what is the MRT app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.