Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid security code for family sharing/Apple Music

So I bought the family plan for Apple Music and I cannot add my boyfriend to it. Every time I go to invite him it asks for my security code on the payment card but when Input it it says it's invalid.. I'm getting really frustrated. Especially now Spotify is doing £9 for 3 months

Posted on Jun 7, 2017 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2017 3:24 PM

Good afternoon Nessmcq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are trying to change your Apple Music plan from an individual plan to a Family Plan, but you are having issues with the billing on your account. Do you have a Family Share account for the iTunes Store? If so, are you the organizer for the Family Share account, responsible for all of the purchases made by existing family members? Or, are you a member of a Family Share account? That will determine whether or not you can charge items to your credit card. Take a look at the resources below about Family Sharing and updating your billing information. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details. If you need additional help with your account, I've included a link to the iTunes Store staff as well.

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store​

iTunes Store - Contact Us

Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions

Apple Music and Family Sharing

About Family Membership and Family Sharing

To use a Family Membership with other people in your family, set up Family Sharing using a supported device. When you set up Family Sharing, you become the family organizer. If you don't want to be the family organizer, ask someone else to set up Family Sharing.

If you've already set up Family Sharing and joined Apple Music with a Family Membership, you can add new people to your Family Membership by inviting them to be a part of your family group.

Take care.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2017 3:24 PM in response to Nessmcq

Good afternoon Nessmcq,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are trying to change your Apple Music plan from an individual plan to a Family Plan, but you are having issues with the billing on your account. Do you have a Family Share account for the iTunes Store? If so, are you the organizer for the Family Share account, responsible for all of the purchases made by existing family members? Or, are you a member of a Family Share account? That will determine whether or not you can charge items to your credit card. Take a look at the resources below about Family Sharing and updating your billing information. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details. If you need additional help with your account, I've included a link to the iTunes Store staff as well.

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store​

iTunes Store - Contact Us

Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions

Apple Music and Family Sharing

About Family Membership and Family Sharing

To use a Family Membership with other people in your family, set up Family Sharing using a supported device. When you set up Family Sharing, you become the family organizer. If you don't want to be the family organizer, ask someone else to set up Family Sharing.

If you've already set up Family Sharing and joined Apple Music with a Family Membership, you can add new people to your Family Membership by inviting them to be a part of your family group.

Take care.

Invalid security code for family sharing/Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.