Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Sync iTune's Playlist to new iPhone

Hi good morning,

I bought an iphone 6 yesterday (after iphone 4 get trouble and begged for retirement😝....after 5.5 years of loyalty...great investment i know 😁😉)

I am unable to sync the content of the iTune playlist i have saved on my iMac on the new phone. That playlist is made of downloaded songs which i hand picked from my Apple Music subscription.

Upon attempting to drag and drop playlist from my iTune to my iPhone, i get an error message saying it cannot sync unless i give Authorization to the computer to do so. I did give Authorization and i am still unable to sync and continue to get the same error message.

Both iTune and iphone have an update iOS (over 12.6.1.25 for iTune and 10.3.2 for the phone)

Kindly advise.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Jun 9, 2017 7:39 AM

6 replies

Jun 9, 2017 10:56 AM in response to La Gourmande

See Turn on iCloud Music Library - Apple Support. If you are an Apple Music subscriber (as your post implied) then syncing music from your iTunes Library to your device may not be necessary, or the way to get the most out of your subscription.

The link I posted should help with fixing any authorization issue on the computer. Failing that please post the full and exact text of the error message. You should unlock your device before connecting it to your computer, and trust the computer if prompted.

tt2

Jun 9, 2017 11:46 AM in response to La Gourmande

La Gourmande wrote:

"This device is linked to another Apple ID. To transfer this device to your Apple ID it needs to be added as a new (device?). You will be unable to transfer it again for 90 days."

See View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support. Did you buy the device new or second hand? Is it associated to someone else's Apple ID?

tt2

Jun 9, 2017 11:24 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the reply.

I got the following message/window pop up when i tried to activate the icloud Music Library tab (in the phone's Music settings):

"This device is linked to another Apple ID. To transfer this device to your Apple ID it needs to be added as a new. You will be unable to transfer it again for 90 days." Cancel or Transfer

I didn't understand this message because:

- i've only got one Apple ID and the Apple Music subscription is mine (not on a Family sharing system)

- the device had already been added to my iCloud list of devices

Anyway, i clicked on "Transfer" despite the "worrying" message and was successful in activating the iCloud Music Library tab. And it synced all my iMac iTunes Library content to my phone. I now just have to download each playlist so that i can access them when i don't have wifi.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Have a great week end!

Cannot Sync iTune's Playlist to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.