Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enter the verification code on my apple TV?

My apple tv keeps on skipping the part where I enter my verification code so that I can access my apple store... how can I verify it so I can watch it in the TV.. so, I enter my apple ID, and it asks fot my password. I enter it, and it asks me through my phone if I am using my apple ID, y allow this, afterwards it gives me a verification code, which I need to type in after typing in my password. I type up my password, it goes to the next step ( verification code) and suddenly the bubble " could not sign in" comes up. Not even allowing me to start typing in my verification code. Its not my password because I already changed it twice... succesfully.

Posted on Jun 12, 2017 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2017 1:51 AM

If you are using 2-factor authentication on an older device…

You should be able to append the code to your password and enter that (i.e. if your password is ABC and your code is 123, enter ABC123), however if this doesn't work it may be that you are running out of time using your authentication code and you may want to delay getting your code until the last minute or temporarily disable the 2 step verification/2 factor authentication, although it shouldn’t be necessary.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

The following was posted by another user...

1. From an iPhone or iPad, go into "Settings" => click on the top bar with your name and "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store".
  2. While still on iPhone or iPad, tap on "Password & Security", then tap on "Get Verification Code", LEAVE the supplied verification code visible.
  3. Go to the iTunes login on your AppleTV settings and start logging in.
  4. When it asks for your password, enter your password and add the verification code to the end of your password BUT DO NOT HIT SUBMIT YET !!!
  5. Go back to your iPhone/iPad and tap on "OK" on the verification code to make it go away.
  6. Now go back to your AppleTV and submit the password.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2017 1:51 AM in response to monicahd

If you are using 2-factor authentication on an older device…

You should be able to append the code to your password and enter that (i.e. if your password is ABC and your code is 123, enter ABC123), however if this doesn't work it may be that you are running out of time using your authentication code and you may want to delay getting your code until the last minute or temporarily disable the 2 step verification/2 factor authentication, although it shouldn’t be necessary.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

The following was posted by another user...

1. From an iPhone or iPad, go into "Settings" => click on the top bar with your name and "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store".
  2. While still on iPhone or iPad, tap on "Password & Security", then tap on "Get Verification Code", LEAVE the supplied verification code visible.
  3. Go to the iTunes login on your AppleTV settings and start logging in.
  4. When it asks for your password, enter your password and add the verification code to the end of your password BUT DO NOT HIT SUBMIT YET !!!
  5. Go back to your iPhone/iPad and tap on "OK" on the verification code to make it go away.
  6. Now go back to your AppleTV and submit the password.

How do I enter the verification code on my apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.