Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem to connecting to a bluetooth speaker

Hi,

I have a macbook air from early 2015, with the lates OS X update.

Recently I bouth a Sony SRS-XB10 bluetooth speaker, and I cannot connect the two device.

So far I tried every popular troubleshooting methods from the web. Nothing seems to work.

Can it be fixed, or I should just accept the fact it will not work?

Many thanks

MACBOOK AIR (11-INCH, EARLY 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2017 7:42 PM

I have the Sony SRS-X5 bluetooth speakers and was having the same issue. I tried many methods, but I ultimately found one that worked for me.

*Firstly, go to Bluetooth menu icon and turn off your bluetooth, then follow the instructions below:

1. Go to Finder

2. Under menu item "Go," scroll to bottom of options to "Go To Folder"

3. Type in: /Library/Preferences/

4. Find the .plist that is associated with bluetooth. It should be a lonely file called: com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

5. Select that .plist and trash it - I like the command button + delete option

6. Restart your computer

This should give a refresh on your bluetooth devices. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard that both worked normally, but my external speaker would show a connection, but not push output sound to the speaker. It worked on all my iOS devices as well as older versions of the OS, but Sierra messed it up (currently 10.12.6).

This did solve my problem ultimately. However, I had to try it twice, for whatever reason. It did not work the first time I tried it. Now it works normally.

I hope this works for you. Good luck. Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2017 7:42 PM in response to kisficok

I have the Sony SRS-X5 bluetooth speakers and was having the same issue. I tried many methods, but I ultimately found one that worked for me.

*Firstly, go to Bluetooth menu icon and turn off your bluetooth, then follow the instructions below:

1. Go to Finder

2. Under menu item "Go," scroll to bottom of options to "Go To Folder"

3. Type in: /Library/Preferences/

4. Find the .plist that is associated with bluetooth. It should be a lonely file called: com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

5. Select that .plist and trash it - I like the command button + delete option

6. Restart your computer

This should give a refresh on your bluetooth devices. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard that both worked normally, but my external speaker would show a connection, but not push output sound to the speaker. It worked on all my iOS devices as well as older versions of the OS, but Sierra messed it up (currently 10.12.6).

This did solve my problem ultimately. However, I had to try it twice, for whatever reason. It did not work the first time I tried it. Now it works normally.

I hope this works for you. Good luck. Cheers.

Jun 14, 2017 10:51 PM in response to kisficok

Hi,

Sierra has had issues with Bluetooth connections. I would hope that 10.12.6 will address your issue (and others). Toward that end, provide Apple feedback on the issue: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html and Feedback - MacBook Air - Apple

If you can still return the Sony, I would do so, and when 10.12.6 comes out, repurchase it so you can try it, and if still no luck, return it for good.

problem to connecting to a bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.