Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv to sony bravia

Hi- trying to connect my apple tv to my sony bravia and isn't recognizing the input. any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 11:46 AM

I just bought the sony bravia within the last two months. The apple tv is a couple years old. Yes, connecting to the hdmi on the tv. When I select input, I don't see the apple tv like I did on my older Samsung tv. I can't stream from my iphone. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

6 replies

Jun 14, 2017 11:51 AM in response to higginsbr2112

The Bravia may not automatically label the input as coming from an Apple TV.

Note the HDMI port number you are connecting the Apple TV to on the Sony, and make sure that input is selected on the Sony's Input menu.

The Sony Bravia may not automatically switch to the correct input the Apple TV is plugged into either.

Also, is the light on the Apple TV on? It should be a small white light. If its blinking it means its starting up. If it never stops blinking or is off it means there's an issue with the Apple TV.

apple tv to sony bravia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.