Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I needed to change my comcast email password from my desktop but now I'm having a problem sending emails from my iPad. From what screen on iPad do I need to enter the new password?

Need help sending emails from iPad

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jun 15, 2017 7:09 AM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2017 1:05 PM in response to BB1539

I can't even connect to Comcast from the internet on iPad, it freezes.

This is likely to be the root of the problem. Are you doing this from Safari?

What can you do on the iPad? Can you surf the web? See apple's site. See comcast's site?

If you are having problems with apps stalling or crashing,

-- double click on home button

-- swipe up on all the apps to force quit them

Re-boot ipad.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears, then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

force power down if the above give you trouble.

Hold down both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. Ten seconds or more. Hold until the Apple logo appears.

more details on re-booting:

Jun 15, 2017 8:30 AM in response to BB1539

I tried this and it still didn't work. Every time I tried sending email from iPad I get the same error message. Cannot send mail. User name or password is incorrect

im able to send and receive emails from my desktop but can't send from the iPad. I can't even connect to Comcast from the internet on iPad, it freezes. Have shut down iPad and restarted, still same problem. Not having any problem with internet for other sites

Jun 15, 2017 11:08 AM in response to BB1539

So, you typed in the App-specific password and not your Apple ID password?

Did you completely close the app before trying again with that password - double click the Home key and swipe up on the thumbnail.

If so, I would suggest that you reset it: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them both down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Lock screen displays, try it again.

GB

I needed to change my comcast email password from my desktop but now I'm having a problem sending emails from my iPad. From what screen on iPad do I need to enter the new password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.