Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-enable my ICloud Photo Library?

I have inadvertently disabled my iCloud Photo Library and want to reverse that. How can I do that? The links I have found call for iOS 10.3 or later but when I try to update my iOS9.3.5 the message I receive is "Your software is up to date."

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Jun 16, 2017 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2017 6:57 AM

Going by the device listed in your signature, your iPad mini is already at it's maximum iOS version of iOS 9.3.5. You can update it no higher than that as it's not qualified by Apple for your device.

That being said, you do not need iOS 10.x to access iCloud Photo Library. Your current iOS version supports it. See:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Quoted from the above page, note this:

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2017 6:57 AM in response to Teresamills

Going by the device listed in your signature, your iPad mini is already at it's maximum iOS version of iOS 9.3.5. You can update it no higher than that as it's not qualified by Apple for your device.

That being said, you do not need iOS 10.x to access iCloud Photo Library. Your current iOS version supports it. See:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Quoted from the above page, note this:

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.

How do I re-enable my ICloud Photo Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.