Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to compare 2 or n Photos ?

Hi Ladies and Gents.

Any clue to compare 2 photos together as it was so easy to do in iPhotos or Aperture ?

Photos 2

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 1:44 AM

7 replies

Jun 20, 2017 12:11 AM in response to françoisfromversonnex

but unfortunately not conveignant at all.

No, it is a lot of extra work. But the only way to compare photos inside Photos, other than zooming the thumbnail view. It is easier, if you get yourself a helper app for Photos.

I am using the work-around to open a second view of my Photos Library by launching Power Photos. You can do that in the free trial version of Power Photos. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to open a large library in PowerPhotos. So I am keeping Power Photos open all day long as a companion to Photos. This way I can browse the Photos in Power Photos with metadata below the thumbnails or in a convenient list view, , enlarge one Photo in PowerPhotos and enlarge another Photo in Photos to compare them. If you ctrl-click a photo in PowerPhotos, you can reveal it in Photos in its moment.

(https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/powerphotos/)

Jun 22, 2017 2:50 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Léonie for this mitigation trick.

Additionnaly using this interesting app you pointed out, I found that you can open a selected picture in Preview. .... and you can repeat it "n" times. Then you can compare all the pictures open in preview.

Still not the really conveiniant as it's still a One in Three instead of a 3 in One.

But thanks a lot anyway.

How to compare 2 or n Photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.