Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hulu login problems

I'm using a 4th Gen Apple TV running tvOS 10.2. I am subscribed to Hulu via iTunes.

I recently updated the Hulu app but now it asks me to sign in. When I use the login creations for my web account I get a message to the effect an error has occurred. I am able to login fine to my Hulu account using Safari but no matter what I do I am not able to login to the Hulu app on the Apple TV. A cumbersome work around is to login to the iOS app on my iPad and then stream shows/movies using Airplay. I'm logged in to my Apple Store account on the Apple TV , but no gain!

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, is there a solution?

Tha

Apple TV, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 4:42 AM

Try the following steps for the Apple TV 4, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check that there isn’t an update for the App, navigate to the App store > purchased, scroll down and select the app and then navigate to and select the update option (if appropriate). You may wish to have your apps update automatically (settings > apps > update automatically > on).
  2. Try restarting the Apple TV (settings > system > restart)
  3. Try restarting the network router.
  4. Press the menu button on the remote twice to activate the app launcher, scroll left/right to locate and select the app that you are having a problem with and swipe up to close (quit) it. Relaunch the app from the menu screen to check if it is now working.
  5. Try deleting it and re-installing the problematic app. There are 2 methods of deleting an app.

Select the app on the main screen and press and hold the touchpad until the app icon wobbles. Press the play/pause button and choose delete from the menu that appears.

Navigate to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage, scroll and select the the trash can to the right of the problematic app and choose delete from the menu that appears.

I’m not really sure if there is any difference between the two methods but there have been some suggestions that the wobble method has resulted in some app data being left behind and ultimately causing an issue when the app is re-installed.

To re-install an app navigate to the App store > purchased, scroll down and select the app and then navigate to and select the install option.

If that doesn't help...

Hulu Plus (United States)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2017 4:42 AM in response to KayPat

Try the following steps for the Apple TV 4, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check that there isn’t an update for the App, navigate to the App store > purchased, scroll down and select the app and then navigate to and select the update option (if appropriate). You may wish to have your apps update automatically (settings > apps > update automatically > on).
  2. Try restarting the Apple TV (settings > system > restart)
  3. Try restarting the network router.
  4. Press the menu button on the remote twice to activate the app launcher, scroll left/right to locate and select the app that you are having a problem with and swipe up to close (quit) it. Relaunch the app from the menu screen to check if it is now working.
  5. Try deleting it and re-installing the problematic app. There are 2 methods of deleting an app.

Select the app on the main screen and press and hold the touchpad until the app icon wobbles. Press the play/pause button and choose delete from the menu that appears.

Navigate to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage, scroll and select the the trash can to the right of the problematic app and choose delete from the menu that appears.

I’m not really sure if there is any difference between the two methods but there have been some suggestions that the wobble method has resulted in some app data being left behind and ultimately causing an issue when the app is re-installed.

To re-install an app navigate to the App store > purchased, scroll down and select the app and then navigate to and select the install option.

If that doesn't help...

Hulu Plus (United States)

Hulu login problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.