Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac doesn't see photos on iPhone

When I attach my iPhone SE to my mac, I can sync normally. But when I open iPhoto, it shows the iPhone is connected, but it says "No photos" I have hundreds of pictures there I would like to import. This is a newer iPhone, and previous ones worked normally. Why doesn't iPhoto see the pictures on my iPhone?

Update, when I attach the iPhone to my MacBook Pro, I confirm that I trust the computer, and it shows me the photos, which I can then import. I still want them on the desktop though.

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.2, 64gb

Posted on Jun 18, 2017 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2017 8:25 AM

I had the same problem and solved it by resetting my iPhone 'trust settings.' Disconnect the phone from your iMac. Go to Settings > General > Reset > here select Reset Location & Privacy. Now reconnect to your iMac and select 'Trust' when your iPhone asks. All of my photos appeared after this.

7 replies

Jun 20, 2017 7:31 AM in response to sberman

Instructions are great when things work normally. I can follow all those steps with my MacBook Pro and iPhone. But when I attach the iPhone to iMac, where I keep all my pictures, it doesn't work. I can see the iPhone icon so it's connected. I select the iPhone icon, but it doesn't show the pictures on the device. It reads "No Photos." The import buttons are greyed out, and unusable.

When syncing the phone to the Mac through iTunes, it shows a photos icon, so it is connected.

Jun 20, 2017 11:05 AM in response to Jonathan Lyons

Based on my experiences, I would suggest you make sure the iPhone is unlocked (so you can view the home screen) when you attach it to the iMac and have your iMac's Photos application open. I have found that when I attach my iPhone to the MacBook Pro and specifically wish to interact with the Photos app, many times I am prompted to unlock the iPhone.

Mac doesn't see photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.