Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The weather app is not reliable anymore

Hi, guys. The weather app is not reliable anymore, it has become useless. I live in Toronto and since a few weeks ago the reports on the weather are always wrong. If it says sunny and I go for a ride on my bike, 15 minutes later starts to rain. It is not only wrong in the forecast, it is wrong in real time. This is how the weather is in Toronto right now:

User uploaded file

There is not only rain but also an electric storm, with lightning bolts and everything. And here is what the weather app tells me about the weather right now:

User uploaded file

Does that picture looks like sunny and partially cloudy to you?

The app can't predict the future and it can't even determine the current weather. It wasn't like that before. I remember that I could always rely on the app to go for a ride, but not anymore.

Posted on Jun 20, 2017 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2017 12:39 PM

OK, now I know what's going on. This is serious. I'm getting the weather 4 hours late. This is the weather now in Toronto (the clouds in the back are far away, the sky is actually clean):

User uploaded file

And this is what the app is showing me:

User uploaded file

The app is telling me that there is a thunderstorm, that it was actually more than 4 HOURS ago! They are showing the wrong data! I'm pretty sure that something is wrong because the app was reliable before. I remember checking the forecast and it was always correct before, but now it is a mess. Maybe there is a delay in the data they get from the Weather channel?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2017 12:39 PM in response to macrojd

OK, now I know what's going on. This is serious. I'm getting the weather 4 hours late. This is the weather now in Toronto (the clouds in the back are far away, the sky is actually clean):

User uploaded file

And this is what the app is showing me:

User uploaded file

The app is telling me that there is a thunderstorm, that it was actually more than 4 HOURS ago! They are showing the wrong data! I'm pretty sure that something is wrong because the app was reliable before. I remember checking the forecast and it was always correct before, but now it is a mess. Maybe there is a delay in the data they get from the Weather channel?

The weather app is not reliable anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.