Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add my Android phone as a Device?

How do I add my Android phone/Motorola as a Device? Prior to June 15th, I was able to have my gmail synced with it, and now it will not. I did follow the directions to sign in with my Apple ID, but there is no Listing to click on for Create and App specific password, under Security.

Thanks

null-OTHER, Other OS, Android Motorola Phone

Posted on Jun 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2017 12:39 PM

Apple now require you to use 2 Factor Authentication (2 Step Verification where 2 factor Authentication is not available) and create an app specific password for 3rd party applications that access your iCloud account with the use of a password, you can initiate the 2 Factor Authentication (2 Step Verification) set up and create app specific passwords at My Apple ID

Two-factor authentication is currently available to iCloud users (in most locations) with at least one device that's using iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan or later. If you can’t meet the criteria for 2 Factor Authentication you can set up 2 step verification which only requires a device registered with ‘Find my phone' or a phone number able to receive SMS messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2017 12:39 PM in response to ar755

Apple now require you to use 2 Factor Authentication (2 Step Verification where 2 factor Authentication is not available) and create an app specific password for 3rd party applications that access your iCloud account with the use of a password, you can initiate the 2 Factor Authentication (2 Step Verification) set up and create app specific passwords at My Apple ID

Two-factor authentication is currently available to iCloud users (in most locations) with at least one device that's using iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan or later. If you can’t meet the criteria for 2 Factor Authentication you can set up 2 step verification which only requires a device registered with ‘Find my phone' or a phone number able to receive SMS messages.

How do I add my Android phone as a Device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.