Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning DVD with chapter markers

I imported video from my 8mm camera and added chapter markers/names (found that iMovie no longer offers this option but used an app (Chapter Marker) to do so and they successfully appear when viewing the movie on my computer with QuickTime. But when I burn the movie to a dvd the chapters do not appear. Is there a way to do this (without spending hundreds of dollars on Final Cut Pro?).

Posted on Jun 21, 2017 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2017 4:06 PM

See Bengt Wärleby's post in these two topics:

Re: How to make chapters in iMovie for iDVD?

Re: mes chapitrages bug

Both posts are very similar.

If you're still unable to get the chapter markers to appear try downloading and using the modified iMovie HD 6.5.1 from this site: http://www.blip3.com/home.html. The download button is here:

User uploaded file

It's been hacked to work with the latest systems, i.e. Sierra. I've used it and it works beautifully. Once you get the chapter markers located in the project just save the project and add the iMovie project file to the iDVD menu by dragging from the Desktop.

Note: as mentioned by Bengt Wärleby no markers at the very beginning or end of the movie or within 2 seconds of any transition. Also if you've edited the movie since adding to the project start over with a new iDVD project.

This is how it works:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2017 4:06 PM in response to zim528

See Bengt Wärleby's post in these two topics:

Re: How to make chapters in iMovie for iDVD?

Re: mes chapitrages bug

Both posts are very similar.

If you're still unable to get the chapter markers to appear try downloading and using the modified iMovie HD 6.5.1 from this site: http://www.blip3.com/home.html. The download button is here:

User uploaded file

It's been hacked to work with the latest systems, i.e. Sierra. I've used it and it works beautifully. Once you get the chapter markers located in the project just save the project and add the iMovie project file to the iDVD menu by dragging from the Desktop.

Note: as mentioned by Bengt Wärleby no markers at the very beginning or end of the movie or within 2 seconds of any transition. Also if you've edited the movie since adding to the project start over with a new iDVD project.

This is how it works:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Burning DVD with chapter markers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.