Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Family Apple Music. Can two or more family members listen to music at the same time? My son and I were listening at same time and it stop our songs and said music was playing on another device. Please explain

I have Family Apple Music. Can two or more family members listen to music at the same time? My son and I were listening at same time and it stop our songs and said music was playing on another device. Please explain

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 7:39 AM

Yes, but each one should use it's own apple ID.

Apple Music and Family Sharing - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 26, 2017 8:26 AM in response to Nz5581

I've also been having this same issue. We have had an Apple Music subscription for the past year, connected through family sharing, and no playback issues. This began for us just last week. I've spent the last week on the phone with Apple "support" trying to find a solution. Will update if I find resolution. So far, I've even gone as far as creating a new organizer with a new subscription, and re-inviting all users to the group, and the issue persists.

Aug 29, 2017 4:36 PM in response to brycefromseattle

Just an update on troubleshooting steps that have not resolved the issue. Organizer account is not affected, but all family members are. Each computer is running iTunes on a mac, and signed into iCloud with the organizer's apple id, but iTunes with the individual apple id's. This is so we can share desktops and documents through iCloud across multiple machines, as well as be able to use Back to My Mac screen sharing. I thought this might be the issue, so I signed into iCloud using the family apple id's, as well as iTunes using the same id. Issue persists.

Also tried other things like signing out of iTunes, turning off "Show apple music features" in preferences, and signing back in. Issue persists. Definitely feels like something happening on the account side of things, and nothing that I can control or set up incorrectly. Next steps might be individual apple music accounts, but in the meantime, we're enjoying spotify family.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.