Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp not installed in Windows 10

My last Mac was a Classic. I recently bought a MacBook Air 13-inch Early 2015 with 256 Gb. In MacOS Sierra (10.12.5) I started Book Camp Assistant (6.1.x) to install a pre-downloaded Win10 64-bit Anniversary edition (with plan to update within Win10 to the latest Creator version).

Now everything seemed to go smoothly. Win10 got installed and booted OK. But first thing I noticed was no WiFi. After lots of googling I realized Boot Camp should have kicked in within Windows and installed some drivers. I searched for evidence of Boot Camp Utility but none was found. I also couldn't find bookcamp.msi or other executables. There's no Apple Software Update, either. Indeed I can't seem to find any evidence that Apple has installed anything.

I did get WiFi to work after manually installing a Broadcom driver but I very much would like to have Boot Camp within Windows. After more googling, it seems Apple no longer releases Boot Camp 6 files. And the latest Boot Camp Assistant (6.1.x) within Sierra seems to have been dumbed down. There's now only a button to restore back to a MacOS-only state, and no obvious way to download Boot Camp drivers and install manually.

All in all, not a very smooth experience! A bit disappointing, I might say, after years away from the Mac world.

Anyone with similar experiences? Should I just try the whole process again (i.e. re-install Win10) and hope for the best? Of course, I COULD try to get Win10 working without Boot Camp but I'd rather not to.

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.5), (13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2017 5:57 AM

You can download BC6 drivers using

User uploaded file

Run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder, once you this downloaded to a USB Flash drive.

3 replies

Boot Camp not installed in Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.