📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods not working with Itunes for Windows

Hi,

I connected the Airpods to my computer and they are working great. I'm able to ear everything from every programs, except iTunes for Windows. iTunes continue to send music to the computer speaker. And it don't appear to have an option to choose the bluetooth as the output. Strange. Anyone know how to use Airpods with iTunes for Windows 10?

Thanks

Lenovo M800-OTHER, Windows 10, with bluetooth adapter

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2017 12:14 PM

Strange. Without any change from me, I tested again the AirPod today and they are now working. I'm not sure why. The only thing I did differently, I enabled the Bluetooth on the computer after the iTunes was started.

3 replies

Jun 23, 2017 9:05 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I already checked before posting for the latest version. I also did a repair to be sure there is no installation issue. On my Macbook, I'm able to select the AirPods from iTunes. The issue came only on my business computer, a Windows 10 with iTunes for Windows . ITunes only output music to the build-in audio card. Other output like Airpods on USB Bluetooth aren't a visible selection in iTunes. I even setup the Airpods as default for the computer. Like I wrote, I have sound for everything else... the problem is only with iTunes for Windows.

Airpods not working with Itunes for Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.