Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Stopping Migration Assistant

Hello, I am trying to migrate to a MacBook. But when the migration assistant on the PC runs, it says it could not be loaded because Windows Mail is running. The OSes are: Windows 10 and OS X Lion. When I check, windows mail is not running.

null-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Macbook 3,1

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2017 11:19 AM

Hey there, adam312.

I see that you're trying to migrate the data from your Windows 10 PC to a MacBook with OS X Lion. It gives you a message that the mail application on your PC is running. I'm happy to help.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program -- It may not be a program but a service running in the background that's blocking Migration Assistance ability to continue.

Download Windows Migration Assistant v1.0.5.7 -- Make sure you're using the correct version of Windows Migration Assistant.

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac -- Follow the steps provided in this article.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2017 11:19 AM in response to adam312

Hey there, adam312.

I see that you're trying to migrate the data from your Windows 10 PC to a MacBook with OS X Lion. It gives you a message that the mail application on your PC is running. I'm happy to help.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program -- It may not be a program but a service running in the background that's blocking Migration Assistance ability to continue.

Download Windows Migration Assistant v1.0.5.7 -- Make sure you're using the correct version of Windows Migration Assistant.

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac -- Follow the steps provided in this article.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Mail Stopping Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.