Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i use my icloud email for my instagram and im trying to verify my account but i dont recieve the icloud email in my inbox or my junk. what do i do?

I changed my instagram email to my iCloud and now it is asking me for a verification code but I don't receive it in my iCloud inbox or my junk mail for iCloud .

Posted on Jun 23, 2017 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 12:31 PM

You need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification. The change was only supposed to affect 3rd party e-mail programs, but others have posted the same problem when using older OS versions of Mail.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2017 12:31 PM in response to Camila5167

You need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 step verification. The change was only supposed to affect 3rd party e-mail programs, but others have posted the same problem when using older OS versions of Mail.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

i use my icloud email for my instagram and im trying to verify my account but i dont recieve the icloud email in my inbox or my junk. what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.