Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove duplicated photos in Photos for Mac

Hi everyone,

i am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 on my new iMac 27,5" 2017 machine. "Photos" is my only application where i have a library with about 105k pictures. All pictures are also in the iCloud and i am not using the "optimize-local-storage" option, which gives me a 350GB library.

Everything works like a charm with the current version, but during some former import processes i happend to create some duplicates in my library.

Is there any way of removing or merging duplicated photos?

Thanks very much,

svphexi

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2017 6:20 AM

These applications will identify and help remove duplicate photos from a Photos Library:

PowerPhotos is the iPhoto Library Manager version for Photos and is very powerful. Although more expensive I would recommend it as it has more capabilities than the others like the capability to merge Photos libraries or copy photos along with their metadata between libraries.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2017 6:20 AM in response to svphexi

These applications will identify and help remove duplicate photos from a Photos Library:

PowerPhotos is the iPhoto Library Manager version for Photos and is very powerful. Although more expensive I would recommend it as it has more capabilities than the others like the capability to merge Photos libraries or copy photos along with their metadata between libraries.

User uploaded file

Jun 25, 2017 6:20 AM in response to svphexi

There are three tested, safe duplicate removal programs - many duplicate removal programs damage the Photos library beyond repair - never use one that directly removes photos or modifies them

The safe ones include:

PowerPhotos which also is an outstanding utility for use with photos for much more than duplicate removal

Duplicate Annihilator for Photos

PhotoSweeper for Photos

LN

Remove duplicated photos in Photos for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.