Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log out of Apple ID on iPhone

My family all uses the same Apple ID and I just made a new one for myself, as I don't want to be linked to my family's account anymore. However, when I go to my phone's settings and try to sign out of my family-wide Apple ID from there, the spinning symbol appears to indicate that it's working on it, and then it never stops. I've tried turning the phone on and off but that doesn't solve it. I went to my computer, logged into my family-wide Apple ID online, and removed my phone from our list of devices, then tried to sign out on my phone again. Still no go. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

S

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2017 10:28 PM

Glad that solved it for you. And it's excellent that you're setting up your own Apple ID. It would be good if each family member did that. Information can still be shared:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Once each iOS device is about to be set up with a new ID, it should be thoroughly cleansed as shown here:

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Enjoy your Apple gear.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2017 10:28 PM in response to sdosecondemail

Glad that solved it for you. And it's excellent that you're setting up your own Apple ID. It would be good if each family member did that. Information can still be shared:

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Once each iOS device is about to be set up with a new ID, it should be thoroughly cleansed as shown here:

What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Enjoy your Apple gear.

Can't log out of Apple ID on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.