Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Already Associated With an Apple ID

My daughter gave me an old iPhone 5 she had to use for music. I reset it, set it up with my Apple ID, and it seems fine. I see in Music it picked up some of the songs from my iTunes Library. However, when I go to play anything I get a message saying it's already associated with an Apple ID and then "If you download past purchases with your Apple ID, you cannot auto-download or download purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days." When I look the Apple ID at the bottom of the iTunes App it is mine. So now I am confused about what this message is actually saying. Am I safe in going ahead with tapping transfer?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 25, 2017 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2017 5:16 AM

Thanks for the replies. I believe that he device has been reset properly. Using her Apple ID I reset the phone to a factory restored phone. It now shows my Apple ID under settings and also under iTunes. That is why this message confuses me. I don't understand if it is saying that purchases won't be downloaded for 90 days on this device using her ID or mine.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2017 5:16 AM in response to Briansyddall

Thanks for the replies. I believe that he device has been reset properly. Using her Apple ID I reset the phone to a factory restored phone. It now shows my Apple ID under settings and also under iTunes. That is why this message confuses me. I don't understand if it is saying that purchases won't be downloaded for 90 days on this device using her ID or mine.

Device Already Associated With an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.