Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it necessary to follow 40-80 charging rule

Like in lithium ion batteries it is said that it is good to keep your battery between 40 and 80 per cent so charge when you have 40 and then remove charging when it is 80. Is it really necessary to do so? What us I do from 20%-100% ?does that harm my iPhone 7? What's the difference ?

Posted on Jun 25, 2017 11:59 PM

8 replies

Jun 26, 2017 5:41 AM in response to Dhruvish1

I understand your concern; these phones are expensive. But as you can see here, the consensus of all replies assure you it is safe to charge your phone as and when you like. It is only the maximum figure to which you charge it that varies and all of us would be right to a degree.

Charge it as and when you need to, and perhaps vary the amount you charge it to.

is it necessary to follow 40-80 charging rule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.