Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos hangs when importing from iPhone

Hello! We have a brand-new 2017 MacBook Pro 13" with touch bar. Just bought this weekend. It's running macOS Sierra, 10.12.5, and all updates have been performed. Synced iPhone 6S (running 10.3.2) to iTunes without trouble, and now we're trying to sync the iPhone to Photos to import all of the photos. We don't want to use iCloud Photo Library on the MBP.

We're running into an issue where the import seems to hang on about 600 out of 6000 photos. My first thought was that this was a video or a live photo, but it's stayed stuck on this photo for 30 minutes. We already verified that the WiFi is working. Any ideas as to what could be causing Photos to hang?

Along those lines, is there a way to safely stop the import, unplug the iPhone, then plug it back in at a later date without corrupting the Photos library or causing any problems?

Thank you for your help!

Posted on Jun 26, 2017 7:11 AM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2017 1:19 PM in response to hpsparrow

Hello hpsparrow,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that when importing photos from your iPhone to your Mac, the process seems to have become stuck.I know photos can be extremely important. I'm happy to help.

Please follow the steps in the link below:
If you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Have a wonderful day!

Photos hangs when importing from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.