Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch a podcast on my SMART TV from my iPad.

I want to watch a podcast on my SMART TV.

I am currently able to watch it on my iPad 2 and don't know what to do after I download the podcast app

on my iPad. Help!

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.0.1

Posted on Jun 26, 2017 5:18 PM

2 replies

Jun 28, 2017 6:17 AM in response to Marionld

Buy a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver kit, and the Apple lightening to HDMI adapter. Then plug the receiver into an HDMI port on the TV, and plug the transmitter into the Lightening-HDMI adapter and a USB port or power brick (your iPad charger works fine) to power it. Then, anything actively displayed on your iPad screen will be transmitted to and displayed on the TV.

IOGear and others make such wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver kits and they sell for less than $200 (Amazon, TigerDirect, NewEgg, etc all sell them). Anything with a display and an HDMI output can then be mirrored to your TV.

I have an IOGear GWHD11 setup at home and it reliably displays my iPad Air 2 or Pro, iPhone, MacBook Pro, Lenovo T460P and anything else I've plugged the transmitter into on my LG smart TV. The transmitter can be powered from a USB port on the device it's attached to (if there is one) or a USB power brick (my iPhone and iPad power bricks have worked fine to power it). The transmitter can get hot when in use, so make sure to have it out in a nicely ventilated space.

How do I watch a podcast on my SMART TV from my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.