Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 10.12.5 and Charter e-mail

After moving to 10.12.5 on both an early 2011 MacBook Pro and a 3 month old iMac I have lost the ability to establish new e-mail accounts with the charter.net domain. I can still send and receive e-mail from accounts that already exist on the computers.

I have been in contact with both Apple and Charter support via phone with each company saying that there is an issue on the other end. Apple maintains that there is a server compatibility issue on the Charter side while Charter indicates that there is an issue with Apple Mail.

Is anybody else experiencing a similar issue with either Charter or another ISP?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jun 27, 2017 6:31 AM

6 replies

Aug 12, 2017 12:39 PM in response to DrMac2872

See full instructions here: http://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/adding-new-account-apple-mail/

Incoming Mail Server

• Account Type: IMAP
  • Mail Server: mobile.charter.net
  • Username: Full Spectrum email address (including @charter.net)
  • Password: Spectrum email password (This field should automatically populate)

Outgoing Mail Server

• SMTP Server: mobile.charter.net
  • Choose Use only this server.
  • Select Use authentication.
  • Username: Full Spectrum email (including @charter.net)
  • Password: Spectrum email password

Aug 13, 2017 12:32 PM in response to Daniel2340

The issue is with the most recent version of either the mail app or the OS. The settings from Charter work with older versions of each as well as with Outlook or other mail apps installed on the current OS. That leads me to believe it is a problem with Mail but I can't confirm that. I've on the phone with Apple support for hours and the engineering group is working on a solution.

OS 10.12.5 and Charter e-mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.