Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I edit a snapshot to remove FaceTime buttons?

I recently took a snapshot of my little boy while using FaceTime and I love the picture but it has the FaceTime buttons and "Calling Mum Mobile" written across it.

Is there any way of editing the buttons out or pulling the raw camera shot from the phone's memory somewhere?

I was using an iPhone 7 if that makes a difference.

I'm aware that during FaceTime, I can tap the screen to hide the icons... it would be great if that also got rid of the picture you, if you're listening Apple?! Otherwise you can't help looking at yourself the whole time.

Any help appreciated!

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 27, 2017 12:55 PM

6 replies

Jun 27, 2017 1:21 PM in response to iTallness

Besides the limited editing capabilities included in the Photos app per se, there are a number of other apps (some free, some not) that can permit additional editing. Some can be accessed directly from the Photos app (tap the three lines with little circles icon, then tap the ...) Or some can access the Camera Roll once given access in Settings / Privacy / Photos.

Off the top of the head, a few editing apps that come to mind are Adobe Photoshop Fix, Adobe Lightroom, Google Snapseed, etc. Note all this is available NOW, no need to wait for iOS 11.

Jun 27, 2017 1:12 PM in response to sberman

Thanks sberman. I appreciate I could edit in photo shop, or a variety of tools but what I'm after is something that just removes the icons that are slap bang in the middle of the picture... for instance, I am unlikely to be able to photoshop my son's cheek in, where the flip-camera button currently is (I'm not that good!)

Jun 27, 2017 1:15 PM in response to Demo

Thanks Demo, really appreciate the help.

I'm familiar with the standard editing tools but sadly, the FaceTime buttons and text are all over some important bits of the photo. Cropping ain't gonna cut it.

I need an app or a feature that will just get rid of the layer of rubbish rendered over the camera's output.

I seriously doubt this exists, as the screenshot does just that... stores exactly what's on your screen. But it would be awesome if the image I took from the camera itself was somehow still in the phone and I could retrieve it.

Can I edit a snapshot to remove FaceTime buttons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.