Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommended archive technique

Hello,

Just a quick question for the forum RE: archiving my final cut pro news stories for use at a later date on my machine. Currently I am making them self contained and storing them on an external hard drive.

Now, do I need to export them in quicktime converter or will simply exporting as a quicktime movie do the job?

Cheers

mac book pro

Posted on Jan 3, 2007 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2007 7:35 PM

I'd just keep them as Self contained QT movies, using the "current settings". Those files are the highest quality you can export.

Jerry
3 replies

Jan 4, 2007 5:27 AM in response to pete_schnapps

Yes, that's simple... One thing to keep in mind though, is that your program becomes one file... and won't be as editiable as it is now residing as separate files. (Which may be OK depending on your situation).

Another thing you can do is use the media manager to copy your sequence resulting in copies of each separate file, and deleteing the media that wasn't used in the sequence.

Jerry

Recommended archive technique

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.