Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add my own recordings to icloud/music

So my problem is I record a lot of song ideas (no not voice memos, I don't like) using different apps and also on DAWS on my computer. I then add all my songs to Itunes in playlists named after month created.

As I work a lot on mobile and would like listen to my music wherever I am, I tried sync the with Icloud, not one single song is aloud sync, the object is not allowed for icloud-music library. It's my own music created by me, sure as **** I should be allowed!!!

I've been messing with this **** for days, even bought Itunes music to see if that was the problem, I also bought 200GB storage.

The files are both wav, aac and mp3, some of which are encoded by Itunes.

So what is allowed to sync to icloud, is it only bought music??

I'm so tired of Apple restrictions, love my iPhone, but my next phone will probably be an android, I used iphone since iPhone 3, now have 6+.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2017 3:34 AM

7 replies

Jun 28, 2017 10:05 AM in response to Bjoeri63

Do you meet the limit?

More about iTunes Match

• iTunes Match is limited to 100,000 songs.
  • iTunes Store purchases made with the same Apple ID being used for iTunes Match don't count towards the 100,000 song limit.
  • Unmatched content is uploaded as is. Upload time varies depending on the amounts uploaded and local network speeds.
  • Song files larger than 200 MB won't upload to iCloud.
  • Song files longer than two hours in length won't upload to iCloud.
  • Songs containing DRM (Digital Rights Management) won't match or upload to iCloud unless your computer is authorized for playback of that content.
  • After you subscribe to iTunes Match, Genius associates information about your iTunes library with your Apple ID. You can't disable Genius while using iTunes Match.

iTunes Match - Subscribe

Jul 2, 2017 9:46 AM in response to Bjoeri63

So, I finally solved this.

1. Backed up my entire library for the nth time to a safe place.

2. Still having Icloud Music open and active, I Deleted all songs and playlists in Icloud Music Library and turned it off it on iphone/ipad( do not delete from disk!!!)

3. Turned off Icloud Music Lib.

4. Opened up my backup I did before and Offline Converted all files to AAC 320kbit/s and deleted old wav, mp3, AIF and other AAC with wrong bitrate.

5. Turned on Icloud M.L and the sync started again. I was a bit concerned because though I synced about 50% the files didn't play in my iphone, none(not available)! Turns out, the entire sync had to be done before I could play anything.

I checked during the sync "Icloud status" in Itunes and all files had status until the whole sync was 100% ready.

Anyway hope this clear things up for someone in the situation as it did for me, about 2 days of work.

Apple should work on their error feedback to users, these or not very informative. It's like old windows 95, the error has an error 😉

Jun 28, 2017 12:11 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I subscribed to Apple Music only to try to solve this problem. I'm all fed up with subscriptions for now, neflix, hbo, spotify, icloud drive, google drive, Slate digital, Adobe CC 2017 and what not.

If doesn't solve my problem I can do without Apple Music for now.

Not one single song is getting uploaded, regardless of file format, bitrate, size, not even Apples own built in AAC encoder is allowed. I guess they think it's illegal music or so.

Jun 30, 2017 7:44 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Pc user as I am, I'm used to have control over thing, while apple tries to control me, there's no room do do things differently, you have to subtmit to their laws 😉

I turned off Icloud music to do some maintnance in my library, and to troubleshoot if there's files stopping the sync.

I spent 5 hours or more converting every piece of music (about 3000 of my song ideas) to AAC 160KBit/s and also cleaned up my play list into a few.

The horror, when I now turned back on Icloud Music Library, all the clean up is overwritten, I don't know where it gets it's information about the playlist, other than I guess it has to read it from some hidden place in icloud, I can see it when logging in to Icloud or on my Icloud drive, no single piece of AAC has been synced, just the play lists.

I give up, thought this was solution for my many ideas and being able to access them wherever.

Apple is just for paid stuff obviously, or maybe music produced in Logic/Garageband, Voice Memo, Apple's own apps.

Can't add my own recordings to icloud/music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.