Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone won't turn on and I need to back up before restoring.

Please I need help and excuse my ignorance if I ask anything silly.

My iphone 5s won't turn on so I found out that I had to connect it to itunes and restore it.

Now I searched and I found out that restoring will make me lose all my photos videos and data.

Is there any way I can back up during this phase ( The phone won't turn on completely just showing the starting screen)

Or is there any other way to not lose my photos :/

Posted on Jun 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2017 3:16 PM

Hi,

Charge the battery for at least a half hour then try a force restart.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't help, follow the instructions in this support article > If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on - Apple Support

If you end having to restore the iPhone, the only way to recover your videos and data is if you created a backup to restore from during the restore process.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2017 3:16 PM in response to lulu011

Hi,

Charge the battery for at least a half hour then try a force restart.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't help, follow the instructions in this support article > If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on - Apple Support

If you end having to restore the iPhone, the only way to recover your videos and data is if you created a backup to restore from during the restore process.

My iphone won't turn on and I need to back up before restoring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.