Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some keys do not work on Bluetooth keyboard paired with iPad

I have been using an Anker Bluetooth keyboard paired with my iPad mini since December. It has worked great until recently when a few of the keys/characters quit working. When I press the key for an apostrophe ('), ampersand (&), or left arrow (<), it doesn't type it on my iPad. I have tried restarting my iPad, turning on/off the keyboard, "forgetting" and re-pairing the keyboard. I even got a new keyboard, all to no avail. None of my efforts restored typing those characters. Those characters do work when I paired the keyboard with my phone, so that leads me to believe the problem is with my iPad. I can't figure out why only those 3 characters are not able to be typed. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2017 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 10:02 PM

Hi normalchildhood. Since the keyboard works with the iPhone, it is probably working normally.

Does this happen in all apps, or just in one specific app?

You should take a look at Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard to see if anything's amiss. You only see those settings when the KB is connected.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2017 10:02 PM in response to normalchildhood

Hi normalchildhood. Since the keyboard works with the iPhone, it is probably working normally.

Does this happen in all apps, or just in one specific app?

You should take a look at Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard to see if anything's amiss. You only see those settings when the KB is connected.

Some keys do not work on Bluetooth keyboard paired with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.