Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mobile Device Support Folder Missing

I'm installed the latest version of iTunes off the Apple website. It installs but the Apple Mobile Device Support folder is missing from the Common Files folder. I have followed the instructions listed in Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support and uninstalled it multiple times and reinstalled but the the driver still won't install. How can I download this folder so iTunes will be able to detect my device?

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

8 replies

Jun 29, 2017 10:41 AM in response to bufsparkc

I take it you looked in these two specific locations?

• C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

And you read this section?

If the above steps have not resolved things see the advice in the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Jun 29, 2017 8:36 PM in response to turingtest2

I'm running the latest version on iTunes. I just uninstalled everything again in list order and reinstalled iTunes following all the instructions again. I ran as administrator and turned off antivirus. The Apple Mobile Support folder still didn't install so I installed 7-Zip and extracted the iTunes download and manually tried to download the driver msi file. It tried to install but then it rolls back and deletes the driver file after it installed it... It's so frustrating and I would reset my whole computer if it wasn't such a hassle to get everything back again.

Apple Mobile Device Support Folder Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.