Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I buy an iPhone or an iPad

So, I have an android phone and am going to buy an apple product because of facetime and iMessage so I was wondering whether I should buy an iPad (mini 4 or 9.7inch) or a low cost iPhone. In my case money is a big issue however I can afford both although would prefer the cheaper one. Could ya'll help me with pros/cons and advice.

Cheers

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 1:28 PM

Hi

I have iPhone & ipad but if I had to choose I would have an ipad & a cheaper phone

Depends which one you would use most if you are out or at home most of the time.

Cheers

Brian

6 replies

Jun 29, 2017 1:35 PM in response to anandagg

The real questions is, do you need to make cellular calls and send SMS text messages or not?

If not, then likely an iPad would be the better choice.

If you plan on replacing your android phone with it, then it should be an iPhone. iPads cannot make cellular calls or send SMS messages on their own.

Beyond that, its entirely up to you whether you think a tablet will be more useful than an actual phone.

Jun 29, 2017 2:14 PM in response to Phil0124

So, I'm going to upgrade my phone within the next year however I'm conscious of the price difference between the iPhone and iPad. Overall, SMS' are not important. I'd spend most of the time using the device at home generally for FaceTime. Transport is not really an issue.

I also have an android tablet that is a few years old and so I'm in the process of upgrading. At some point I'm going to have to change my phone and tablet and the question is whether I do both or just an iPhone

Should I buy an iPhone or an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.