Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Modem Firmware number/ always Searching status on network

I had this issue weeks ago. My IPhone 5s carrier signal went "Searching" and the Modem firmware number is gone. (General-About-Modem Firmware) My phone cannot recognize my SIM card. I tried the sim card on my other phone, it worked fine.

I brought my phone to my network provider and wa told that it's a hardware issue. Try take it Apple store (btw, I'm from Philippines) near my place and was told that they can ONLY do a replacement for my phone that cost almost half the price. Or I can have it fix outside, meaning some techs shops fixing phone. (U know what I mean ;) )

Here's how I fixed it. (Yeah, Me alone... imagine??!)

Oh!!make sure you backed up your phone.

1. Plunged my phone to my MacBook and connect to iTunes.

2. Hold the On/Off button along with the Home button. (Together for a few seconds) till I saw the connect to iTunes logo.

3. Clicked on Restore button ( another button after that says "restore and update" click on that.

On the upper right corner of itunes, you will see a download arrow...

4. Click on that arrow and it will download a software for your iPhone. May take 15 mins depending on your internet speed.

Wait till iTunes installed that to your iPhone automatically.

Your phone will run like brand new.

Modem firmware number is back as well as the network provider on the upper left corner which means my phone can read my SIM card again.

Note: this one worked on my iPhone 5s.

Posted on Jun 29, 2017 11:30 PM

There are no replies.

No Modem Firmware number/ always Searching status on network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.