Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 0xe8000015 on an disabled ipad pro

Just today i was asked to restore an ipad that was disabled that belonged to one of my friends, then when i plugged it to my laptop, all that popped up was: Itunes could not connect to this ipad. An unknown error occurred (0xE8000015)

anyone who knows how to fix this problem please help me fix it.

Posted on Jun 30, 2017 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2017 10:22 PM

Hello asteeri.
Welcome to Apple Support Communities.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are running into a connection error when attempting to restore the iPad. I will be happy to help you with this issue.
Please take a look at the steps below to see if it helps, from the article: If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

When iTunes on your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or an "0xE" error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC.
  3. Make sure that your device is turned on.
  4. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
  5. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
  6. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
  7. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2017 10:22 PM in response to asteeri

Hello asteeri.
Welcome to Apple Support Communities.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are running into a connection error when attempting to restore the iPad. I will be happy to help you with this issue.
Please take a look at the steps below to see if it helps, from the article: If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

When iTunes on your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or an "0xE" error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC.
  3. Make sure that your device is turned on.
  4. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
  5. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
  6. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
  7. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

error 0xe8000015 on an disabled ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.