Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone alarm won't make sound

I keep on waking up so late and having to miss days off school because my alarm will go off but won't make any sound and then I would eventually wake up by myself when I should've been in school 2 hours before and my alarm is just on the screen but not making sound and so obviously it didn't wake me up.

This is very annoying as I really hate having to take a day off school because not being up in time. For example my school starts at 8:30 and so I planned to get up at 5:00 to wash my hair and get makeup done and that so I would have plenty of time to get ready but as it turns out, my alarm decided not to make sound and so I ended up waking up at 8:20 so I cannot wash my hair and do makeup which would take 2 hours and then walk to school because I would get there at 10:30 which is halfway through the day and this has happened more than once and it is extremely frustrating.

I just want to know how to make it work.

Posted on Jul 3, 2017 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2017 1:38 AM

Did you select sound tone for your alarm? If you set the sound as "None", your alarm won't make play any sound when it's time to alert.

User uploaded file

If all settings are correct but your iPhone alarm still won't make any sound, try to reset all settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Then restart your iPhone and create new alarms.

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2017 1:38 AM in response to Kylazzz

Did you select sound tone for your alarm? If you set the sound as "None", your alarm won't make play any sound when it's time to alert.

User uploaded file

If all settings are correct but your iPhone alarm still won't make any sound, try to reset all settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Then restart your iPhone and create new alarms.

Good luck!

iPhone alarm won't make sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.