Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air keeps asking for my Apple ID

I keep getting recurring requests for iCloud password. When I enter my Apple password it asks me for a verification number but doesn't open a dialog box to allow me to enter one. I have to go back into my account preferences on the website and enter the verification number sent to my iphone that way. I have now turned off the two-factor authentication, but I am still being asked repeatedly for my iCloud password on my Macbook, and also being told my iPhoto cannot connect to iCloud.

Any advice? Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2017 11:10 AM

6 replies

Jul 4, 2017 1:21 PM in response to Chocoholix

Are you signed into iCloud and it is asking for your password?

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned from Kurt Lang

MacBook Air keeps asking for my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.