You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage text box showing during calls

When I make it receive calls, an iMessage text box shows at the bottom of the call. There is no way to close or minimize it. I typed a message in and hit send to see what would happen, it stars there, and the message was delivered to a contact who was not the person I was calling.... it was not even the very last person I had sent a text to. It was just completely random. Please help me figure this out! I have restarted the phone, but it still does it. I am on an iPhone 6s, sprint network, iOS 10.3.2 I have noticed the problem for the past two days.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 3, 2017 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2017 11:42 AM

You misunderstood.... I can make calls just fine... its just that when I do so (or even when I receive calls), the iMessage text box pops up at the bottom of the screen, as seen in he screenshot in the original post... I want the text box to stop appearing, it never appeared before, and if makes no sense, as if i send a message from there it is neither the person I'm on the call with, nor someone I was in the middle of texting just before the call .

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2017 11:42 AM in response to Teddy_B

You misunderstood.... I can make calls just fine... its just that when I do so (or even when I receive calls), the iMessage text box pops up at the bottom of the screen, as seen in he screenshot in the original post... I want the text box to stop appearing, it never appeared before, and if makes no sense, as if i send a message from there it is neither the person I'm on the call with, nor someone I was in the middle of texting just before the call .

Jul 4, 2017 10:44 AM in response to Snyderkjna

Greetings, Snyderkjna.

I see that you're having issues with making or receiving phone calls on your iPhone 6s. You're provided with an iMessage text field but that's not what you're trying to accomplish. I'm happy to help.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- First, force close Phone application if it's open, then -- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your phone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your phone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Jul 4, 2017 1:03 PM in response to Snyderkjna

Thanks for clarifying that for us, Snyderkjna. The steps provided previously are still valid since that box shouldn't be appearing unless you wish to respond with a text message. If you'd rather, though, you can have your iPhone evaluated.

Apple - Support - Product Selection -- Apple Support will be able to supply all of your service options.

Find Locations -- You can also locate the nearest Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider if you'd rather. Make sure the country you're located in is showing on the top-right corner. If it isn't, click it and choose the correct one.

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service -- Before you take or send your iPhone in, make sure it's ready for service.

Enjoy your day!

iMessage text box showing during calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.