Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there wireless headphones that can be used with the IPod Shuffle?

Ever since I got a Bluetooth headset for my cell phone, I have become obsessed with everything wireless. Nonetheless, I now feel that wired headphones are too much now that I have been exposed to wireless; however, I don't know if any of the Bluetooth Wireless headsets for IPod can also connect to my new IPod Shuffle. It would be great if I could get a pair of corresponding wireless headphones to go with my new Shuffle. Does anyone know if there are wireless headphones that can be used on an IPod Shuffle? If anybody can help me out, then that would be wonderful!

IPod Shuffle A1204

Posted on Jan 4, 2007 7:03 AM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2007 7:24 AM in response to RebeccaC01

Ever since I got a Bluetooth headset for my cell
phone, I have become obsessed with everything
wireless. Nonetheless, I now feel that wired
headphones are too much now that I have been exposed
to wireless; however, I don't know if any of the
Bluetooth Wireless headsets for IPod can also connect
to my new IPod Shuffle. It would be great if I could
get a pair of corresponding wireless headphones to go
with my new Shuffle. Does anyone know if there are
wireless headphones that can be used on an IPod
Shuffle? If anybody can help me out, then that would
be wonderful!

ANY Bluetooth transmitter that has an audio-input should work with a Shuffle through the proper interconnection cable... Personally, the idea of a Shuffle with EXTRA hardware seems oxymoronic.

Jan 4, 2007 9:08 AM in response to RebeccaC01

You can probably use any of them, unless there are some that are specific to other iPod models and which use a dock connector. I've not seen any of those.

But why? You

a) Clip the Shuffle to your person, then

b) Use a jack cable to connect your Shuffle to the transmitter, then

c) Try to figure out some way to hold onto or to place the transmitter, then

d) Don your headphones and turn it all on

Perhaps you just want to, and that's fine. To me, it seems to be moving away from the primary reason to have the Shuffle in the first place.

Jan 4, 2007 10:07 PM in response to Michael Morgan1

My boyfriend bought me the shuffle as a gift...I like wireless because I have a tendency to get my wired headphones caught up somewhere in my clothing and it's not too pleasant for me. I also cannot stand having to roll up headphones and put them away. With wireless headphones, I have the potential to clip my shuffle to my handbag or clothing smoothly and not have to worry about dangling wired headphones. I've become spoiled ever since I got a Motorola Bluetooth H700 Headset. Holding my cell phone to my ear is simply an arduous task for me now. I don't know what to say...I've decided to go through an electronic feng shui as more wireless electronics come out. For me, the less wires, the better. I hope I can have simple wireless with my new shuffle.

Are there wireless headphones that can be used with the IPod Shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.