Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see Total Calories for the day?

I've recently changed from a Fitbit to Apple Watch 2. Everything is great, but how can I see the TOTAL calories I burned for the day? It's driving me nuts that I can't find that data. Thanks -

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.2

Posted on Jul 5, 2017 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2017 9:39 AM

So I have to manually add them myself? Because Active and Resting are 2 separate places. And from everything else I've read, these added do NOT create a total calorie burn because of behind the scenes calculations.

3 replies

Jul 5, 2017 7:16 AM in response to runner_mom_mn

Hi

Once it has been set up, the Activity app on Apple Watch runs automatically in the background, estimating results including all calories burned, including during general daily wear and any workouts.

Active calories are reported via the Move ring in the Activity app and can also be viewed via the companion Activity and Health apps on the paired iPhone.

Total calories (active + resting = total) can also be viewed via the Activity app on your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Activity app, go to: History (tab) > select a day > scroll down to the Move chart > swipe left on the chart to view Total calories.

Active and Resting calories can also be viewed via the Health app on your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Health app, go to: Health Data (tab) > Activity > Active / Resting Energy.

More information:

Jul 5, 2017 10:40 AM in response to runner_mom_mn

You do not need to add them yourself. As I hoped to explain in my previous reply, Total calories are reported in the companion Activity app on your iPhone.

If you would prefer that Total calories were reported on your Apple Watch, then you may wish to submit a feature request to Apple, which you can do here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

How can I see Total Calories for the day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.