Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro 10.5 becomes hot around home button

Hello,

My Ipad pro 10.5 becomes somewhat hot around the home button (side) even after using safari voor 5 minutes or so.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue on there ipad pro 10.5 ??

Never had this on the pro 9.7 or 12.9 model.

Very easy to test.

Use safari for 5 to 10 minutes and feel the difference of the temperature around the home button and other areas.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 6, 2017 5:27 AM

21 replies

Aug 1, 2017 5:19 PM in response to altenae

I'm having the same issue on my new 2017 iPad Pro 12.9". I am getting a lot of heat on and around the home button. If the iPad is oriented in portrait mode, the home button at the bottom and camera at the top, the bottom third of the iPad is getting unusually warm.

I have owned every iteration of the iPad since its inception, including the iPad Pro 12.9" generation 1, and none of them exhibited this issue, which is why I'm concerned. One thing I am doing with this iPad that I did not do with my previous iPads is I'm using the Apple Pencil frequently, for note taking and illustration.

Aug 10, 2017 12:48 PM in response to altenae

Having the same, exact issues. Only had the iPad for 2 weeks. Occurs when just browsing and reading. Tried removing case but has made no difference. Bottom 1/4- 1/3 of the iPad, back and front, runs hot! Also have had 2 other iPads and iPhones and have never had this occur. Should we be concerned Apple? Finding postings everywhere on the web about this.

Oct 15, 2017 4:40 AM in response to altenae

I think I know where the heat comes from. At least in my case the iPad Pro 10.5 gets hot around the bottom when the screen brightness is at max. Since they inplemented a really bright display in the 2017 iPad Pro generations, the LEDs for the background illumination turn hotter than on the older generation iPads.

Ipad pro 10.5 becomes hot around home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.