You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have an iCloud account on 2 separate devices, what will happen if I log out on 1 of the devices, will both of them log out? Will I lose all my photos? What are the risks?

I have iOS 10. I haven't tried anything because I don't want to erase photos.

Posted on Jul 6, 2017 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2017 8:40 AM

No. Logging out on one device will not affect the other in any way. It will also not affect what is stored in iCloud at all.

You can log out form one, and the other will continue to work the way it has.

3 replies

Jul 6, 2017 8:36 AM in response to BrynOtiz

You can use your Apple ID for both devices to access iCloud, however I believe, though not quite sure, that you may run into problems because iCloud will want to sync things like Contacts, Photos, Music, etc. between devices. As I said, I'm not sure, so it is possible that you may want to go into iCloud preferences and turn off syncing on one of the devices.

If I have an iCloud account on 2 separate devices, what will happen if I log out on 1 of the devices, will both of them log out? Will I lose all my photos? What are the risks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.