Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone is monitoring my text messages. How do I make it stop?

My ex told me he can see all my text messages and is using a service online to do so. He can see my deleted texts and all my activity. I don't know what app or website he's using. How do I make it stop?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 8, 2017 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2017 12:55 PM

You don’t as he’s lying. There is no way for him to see your iMessages unless he knows your AppleID and password you use with iMessage. Nor can he see your carrier SMS texts unless you and he share a telephone number or account.

There is no website that can magically gain access to your messages. As long as you have not let him have hands on access to it (so he’s had no opportunity to jailbreak it and install anything malicious) he’s not sending your messages to any website either.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2017 12:55 PM in response to Dianad82

You don’t as he’s lying. There is no way for him to see your iMessages unless he knows your AppleID and password you use with iMessage. Nor can he see your carrier SMS texts unless you and he share a telephone number or account.

There is no website that can magically gain access to your messages. As long as you have not let him have hands on access to it (so he’s had no opportunity to jailbreak it and install anything malicious) he’s not sending your messages to any website either.

Jul 8, 2017 12:50 PM in response to Dianad82

Text messages fall into two categories:

• iMessages, sent to/from other Apple devices. Change your Apple ID password if these are the messages in question.
  • SMS/MMS text messages, sent to/from other cellular telephones using your cellular carrier's channels. Ask your cellular carrier if these are the messages in question.

Jul 8, 2017 1:08 PM in response to Dianad82

If he has your AppleID password he doesn’t need any website. All he needs is an iOS or OS X device and he can sign into your account as you and receive your messages at the same time you do.

With that password he can also read your icloud email, see all your contacts, notes you store on icloud, your calendar - any Apple Service or feature linked to that AppleID.

Along with changing your password, you should set up extra security as well - Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Jul 8, 2017 1:21 PM in response to Dianad82

Teensafe requires jailbreaking your phone. If your phone is jailbroken it could have spyware on it. If he has had possession of it he could have jailbroken it. If you suspect that is a possibility you need to restore iOS on the phone using DFU mode and set it up as a new phone. If this is a possibility and you need help with DFU mode post back.

If he really is reading your texts that is considered stalking, which is a felony in most of the US. You should contact the police, either directly, or through your attorney. Do not threaten him; just do it.

Someone is monitoring my text messages. How do I make it stop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.