Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: cannot restart tiger after failed attempt at booting from OS9 CD

I've been trying to install OS 9 onto my son's sunflower IMAC G4 15".

After failing to boot on an original installation CD for Mac OS 9 (not the Imac CD but a retail OS), I figured I'd try to copy the system folder on the cd onto to the mac (not smart I hear you all say). I guess It was a long shot. I figured, worse case scenario is it doesn't work; and as was the case when I tried to startup from the install cd, I would end up booting in tiger

After changing the boot system in preferences, I restarted only to end up with the "no system folder found" image of blinking question mark & logo of macos on a small folder.

Resetting PRAM, starting with command-x, extensions off has done nothing!. Unfortunately I can't start from my dvd because, it only reads cd's & cannot read dvds anymore.

Anyone got an idea?

All this to install a OS9 version of tomb raider...

imacG5, ImacG4, Ibook G4, Powermac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.7), ethernet 10/100bt network on USR8000 router + linksys hub + airportextreme

Posted on Jan 4, 2007 1:25 PM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2007 5:48 AM in response to No Alibi

Just x does nothing unfortunately. I had tried that before looking into all the keyboard shortcuts at startup...

On a side note, can't even start up in single user mode.

Just managed to start up with the original IMac MAC OS X 10.1 CD, only to realize that the startup disk cannot be selected...

I'm trying to repair the disk now with disk utility & will keep you posted!

Any advice always welcome!

Help: cannot restart tiger after failed attempt at booting from OS9 CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.